Probate and Estate Administration
Probate administration is a court-based legal process that occurs after someone’s death. Estate administration involves not only the probate process but also settling the deceased’s entire estate, which includes the probate and non-probate assets of the deceased. Probate and estate administration can be complex. Among other things, it requires proving that the deceased's will is valid, identifying the deceased's assets and paying outstanding debts, including taxes.
Adding to the burden of estate administration is the fact that survivors are still grieving and vulnerable. Recognizing these difficulties, Maria Shinn provides personal attention and professional services that guide clients through the probate and estate administration process. She moves the process along as fast as possible and facilitates a smooth transition of assets following a loved one’s death.
Here are some of the probate and estate administration services that Maria Shinn provides:
- Probating the deceased’s will;
- Dealing with the deceased’s creditors;
- Helping the client navigate through the probate court process;
- Preparing and filing probate court documents, including inventories and accounts;
- Making sure that all necessary tax returns are prepared and filed;
- Preparing a detailed statement of receipts and disbursements for the benefit of all beneficiaries and any other necessary parties, including probate court; and
- Making sure the deceased’s probate and non-probate assets are distributed properly.
Each estate is unique and requires different solutions to the problems presented. Maria Shinn is there for you every step of the way.
To learn more about probate and estate administration and the services we provide, please contact us to schedule a consultation.