Make Them Count. How to finish 2017 in a meaningful way.
31 days. Make them count. Finish 2017 in a meaningful way. Here are 31 suggestions:
- Smile at a stranger.
- Make someone laugh.
- Try something new.
- Mail a hand-written card to someone out of town.
- Refrain from gossip for an entire day.
- Take some “me” time every day, even if it’s just 15 minutes.
- Truly listen to someone without interruption, judgment or advice.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Donate food to a local food pantry.
- Buy coffee for the person behind you in line at the coffee shop.
- Make your family’s favorite meal and eat it together.
- Participate in a library program.
- Give your co-parent the night off.
- Cross something off your “bucket list.”
- Count how many compliments you give in one day.
- Thank a veteran, police officer, EMT or firefighter for his/her service.
- Rake leaves for an elderly neighbor.
- Make a donation to your favorite charity.
- Call someone you haven’t talked to in a while.
- Count your blessings.
- Perform a random act of kindness.
- Bundle up and take a walk in the park.
- Live in the moment.
- Make lunch plans with your best friend.
- Reduce, reuse, recycle.
- Pick up litter.
- Learn something new.
- Try to go an entire day without complaining.
- Give yourself a compliment.
- Hug your loved ones and tell them that you love them.
Accomplishing any of these things can make your December more meaningful and brighter. I wish you and your loved ones a very happy holiday season!